W8 Form Instructions
An IRS W8-BEN form is a Certificate of Foreign Status of Beneficial Owner for United States Tax Withholding and Reporting purposes. By completing a W8 Form, you confirm to us that you are not a US Taxpayer and you will avoid having taxes withheld from your interest payments. Please refer to the W8 BEN form.
- W8-BEN Form
- Instructions for Completing W8 Form (Prepared by BB Americas Bank)
- Instructions for Completing W8 Form by IRS
Where to send the forms:
Please send your updated W8 Form signed and completed along with the U.S Mailing and/or Residential Address Form (if applicable):
Online Banking Access via “Transfer File” tool:
Log in to your Personal Online Banking Account:
- Under the “Tools and Services” menu option, select “Request”:
- From the list of “Requests” options, choose the “Transfer File”:
- Select Transfer File to begin the upload of the document you wish to send to the bank:
- Select Browse to upload the desired document. Enter a Description and click Submit.
- Keep track of your uploaded files under the “File Upload History” section:
a. Imported: File was sent over to the Bank.
b. Downloaded: File was downloaded by a Bank Employee.
c. Processed: File has been downloaded and is under review. If any errors or discrepancies are found, we will contact you.
d. Deleted: File was rejected by the Bank due to being incomplete or incorrect. A new file will need to be resubmitted.
By mail to the following address:
BB Americas Bank
Attn: Operations Department
1221 Brickell Ave – Suite#2200 – Miami, FL 33131